Thursday, October 8, 2009

Don't Assume You'll Always be a Good Rider

I didn't ride outside today, but I did take down my road bike, pumped up the tires, and put on some bike shorts. It seemed like a good day to hang out in the man cave (my garage) and ride on the rollers. I had not done that in a long time.

My first mistake was putting on my cycling shoes. The second mistake was watching a movie to kill time. The worst mistake was making it an action movie. The Bourne Identity is a great movie, but I wasn't concentrating at all on the rollers. It was after the third fall that I finally quit. My knee hurts.

I was riding along with the sound track. It made me pick up the pace. I've seen the movie several times so there were no surprises: I knew he was going to kick ass in the embassy. But I still flew off the rollers. Then he stabs that guy with the pen... right. between. the. fingers. That time I fell to the right and into a pile of laundry. It was the car chase that did it. I veered left and smacked my leg and arm against the weight bench. (The dust on that thing cushioned my fall.)

Now my knee cap kinda hurts. Rollers take lots of practice, folks.

Wish I'd had my camera. I seem to have misplaced that thing and it's getting on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment