Sunday, August 15, 2010

Batty Ride 2

So I went out for a morning ride before the heat got hot. Right off the bat, about three blocks from home, some crazy lady actually got mad at me because I was riding my bike through an intersection. Strange thing is she had a stop sign; I didn't. She didn't honk at me, but she revved her engine and glared at me through her sunglasses. So, of course, I stood up and pedaled hard to keep up with her. You see, at the end of the block there was another stop sign. We flipped each other off and went our merry ways.

But that's not why I'm writing.

I'm trying to set up a social ride in Round Rock and exploring how to add more miles. The original ride is a leisurely 4.25 miles. All I did was double it. See:



I always try to add a map now, but that's still not why I'm writing.

I added the dog park as part of the route. There's a quick but steep climb and then a fun downhilll ride to the park. Then something fun happened. The train was coming down the tracks. When it was close enough, I thought I'd just wave at the train. I couldn't see anyone at the engine but I waved. And the conductor blew the horn for me! I made the train blow its horn. That was so cool!!!

I was jumping up and down with my bike. I felt like a little kid again.







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment