Saturday, July 24, 2010

Redemption Ride

This is the ride I meant to do the last time I was hungover. I like riding on A.W. Grimes on the weekend. It's a fun road, smooth enough. Before I went across Gattis, I pulled into the parking lot to give my lungs a break. Maybe I wasn't hungover this time, but now I could tell I had a different problem -- I'm out of shape!

There's a Subway there. No line waiting and they serve breakfast. Yum. The line of cars at Dunkin' Donuts was immense. I kinda wish any of these places set out chairs with an umbrella. It would certainly be more inviting. I rode by the 24 Fitness place and smiled at the people on their treadmills and elliptical machines. For all their walking, they hadn't seen a damn thing.

Made it to Hendrickson without any incident. Here's the route I took out and back. By the way, if you click on the elevation, it takes you to the MapMyRide site and you'll see an option to see the view in Google Earth 3D. Click on the words "Watch Course Fly-by Video." Very cool.



Once I made it to Hendrickson, the only elevation I had to deal with was on the access road leading to Red Bud. And if you ever get the chance to ride Red Bud Lane, I highly recommend it! Down hill all the way. Had to work a little once I got to HWY 79, but not much.

Still, not that I rode the entire time. I got off the bike when I got tired. I sat under a tree and watched the clouds roll by for about 10-15 minutes. Drenched my cycling cap in water and my face.



After all, this isn't a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment