Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bike to the Matinee? Elementary, Dear Watson

Round Rock has a discount theater: Cinemark Movies 8. Sadly, movies no longer cost a buck there; it's $1.75 now. But fret not, for the popcorn and soda will still set you back $10.

The reason I like to go to the discount movies is because I get to ride through this field. I feel like a kid again on this route. Traffic on Mays Street is not bad on a Saturday afternoon, but it is a fast road and there are no shoulders. And look at that field! Who would pass that up?


It's also the beginning of Spring, so here are a couple run-of-the-mill blue bonnet pix.




My only complaint is that there is no bike rack at the movies. I didn't take a picture of the mail box where I locked up my bike. I also didn't take a picture of the huge empty corner between the theater and the Mexican restaurant next door -- it's the perfect place to put a bike rack. I do have a picture of the long sidewalk on the other side of the theater where I hoped there'd be a bike rack as well. Still enjoyed the movie, "Sherlock Holmes."

I have to admit I had a bigger idea at first. I was going to park downtown (in Round Rock) at the free parking lot and ride to the movies from there. Then, on my way back, I was going to scoot over to Ray's Music and buy some picks, and then I'd be able to stop at Junior's and drink a beer, maybe eat a burger and fries. But then I wouldn't have been able to ride through that field. And I already have beer at home. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment