Tuesday, August 4, 2009

WebCam Workshop

I'm writing this part before I ride.

Right, so I have to go to a workshop at Walsh Middle School, but the neighborhood has complained that too many teachers are parking on their streets. RRISD set up a bus commute from Cactus Ranch Elementary, which is not too far from the middle school. I guess Cactus has more parking available.

Either way, I'm going to ride my bike. Here's my route:


View Larger Map


Today's not so bad because it's just an afternoon session. Tomorrow I'll be there all day. I wonder how bad traffic will be in the morning -- Sam Bass and Old Settler's merge and I don't remember if there's a shoulder on the road. At least I'll be making a right turn on Wyoming Springs within 1/4 of a mile from the merge. We'll see.

Update: I left at 12:15 and arrived at 12:45. Not bad, but Old Settler's/3406 has no shoulder to ride on. As soon as I went over HWY35 there's another light and the traffic picks up its speed fast. If you're not comfortable with 4-8 inches of road, I don't recommend using this one.

It was hot. What am I saying? I was hot when I got there. I couldn't cool down, but I was well-prepared. In my bag I had stashed an extra shirt, a towel, deodorant, my wallet, and notebook and pen. The only thing I need to get now is one of those battery-operated, portable fans.

When the workshop ended, I knew I wasn't going to take the same route back. I improvised and came up with this:

View Larger Map

Here's the beauty of a bike. Behind this business plaza is Memorial Park, so I rode through the park -- a relaxing, historic part of Round Rock.



Traffic was light from here, so I took the most direct route from Mays directly to Old Bowman. I surprised my dog when I got home. I guess he was expecting to hear an engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment