Thursday, July 30, 2009

Because I drink beer

I recently joined New Belgium Brewing Co. via Facebook, and one of their conditions was that I pledge to ride so many miles per month. Since I don't ride as much as I used to (read: not at all), I only put down 30 miles. Yes, that comes out to a mile a day; that seems like a reasonable amount.

I wonder, how long does it take to ride a mile? My bikes have been stripped of their cyclocomputers, so I never know how fast I'm riding or how far I've gone -- I don't actually measure distances anymore. I just ride anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes.

But I see the beginning of an idea here: in 10 minutes, how far can you ride your bike? This is not a race, so put it this way: within 10-15 minutes, what's close to your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment